INFORMATION FOR PERMANENT DECALS
Permanent Vinyl Decals are great for Car Windows, Vehicles, Helmets, Mailboxes, Campers, Doors, Painted Wood, Plastic, Glass, Drinkware and just about anything with a smooth clean surface. We use a permanent commercial vinyl that has a life expectance of 3 – 5 years and does very well outdoors. Although it is called permanent, it can be removed with a scraping tool. Please hand wash all drinkware since the vinyl is not made for the dishwasher. Permanent Vinyl can cause damage to walls when removed – please order Wall Vinyl for any decals to be used on walls. Permanent Vinyl colors are glossy. You may return unused stock decals in their original package within 15 days from receipt, but there will be a 25% restocking fee. We do not refund any shipping charges. Custom decals may not be returned or refunded.
- This decal is for other than wall application. This is a semi-permanent decal and could possibly pull finishes off walls and furniture when removed.
- This decal is great for Car Windows, Vehicles, Boats, Mailboxes, Laptops, Campers, Doors, Painted Wood, Plastic, Glass, Drinkware and just about anything with a smooth clean surface. This decal can be used for outside application and has a life of 3 – 5 years. Do not use a pressure washer directly on your car decals.
- If your decal comes rolled in a tube, let it lay flat for a few hours and then burnish decal with squeegee or credit card to get the lumps, bumps and air out.
- For larger decals, sometimes it is easier to apply them in sections.
- If your decal has multiple colors, each color will be separate. Apply the base decal first and then build around it.
- Be sure the surface is clean and dry. On most surfaces, wipe with rubbing alcohol and let dry.
- The decal is on a paper backing and has clear transfer tape over it. This transfer tape is used to transfer the decal from the backing, to the surface you want to apply it to. When you remove the backing, the decal will come off with the clear transfer tape.
- Using a squeegee (burnisher) or credit card, rub over the clear transfer to tape to ensure decal will transfer.
- Turn the decal over and slowly peel away the backing paper (wax-like paper). Make sure the design stays on the transfer paper (tape). If you find the design is sticking to the backing paper, you will need to burnish (Rub) the section doesn’t want to stick until it sticks to the transfer paper (tape). The turtle wins the race here.
- When you apply the decal, be sure to hold it with both hands. Static electricity will often attract the decal and cause it to cling to the surface before you are ready to apply the decal. Once the decal is stuck to a surface it is VERY difficult to remove without damaging the decal, so be careful and take your time as you apply it. A second person may be helpful here – depending on the application and the size of the decal.
- Use a plastic squeegee to apply decals and eliminate air bubbles. A credit card will work too.
- Apply one side or the top/bottom edge of the decal first, then using the credit card, slowly apply pressure across the decal as you roll it onto the surface.
- Start at the bottom right corner and remove clear transfer tape by carefully pulling at a 180 angle toward the top left corner. If the design begins to pull up with the transfer tape, it has not been applied firmly enough to your surface. Using your squeegee (burnisher), go back over the design with firm overlapping strokes & attempt to remove the transfer tape again. Do not pull out when removing the transfer tape. Pull directly back & down.
- As you remove the transfer tape, peel it away SLOWLY. If any part of the decal starts to peel off with the tape, rub the decal again and try re-peeling.
- Once fully applied, rub the decal into your surface, from the center out. Use burnisher to work out air bubbles.
NOTE: Decals are not dishwasher safe. Please hand wash.